Services available during practice core hours of 08:00 – 18:30 under the NHS contract:
Core Services available at both sites
- General management of medical conditions
- Health promotion advice
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral for other services, if appropriate
- Urgently required care for temporary residents
- Asthma Clinic
- Child Health Surveillance
- Development Checks
- Diabetes Clinic
- Family Planning, contraceptive services including IUD insertion and removal and Implant insertion and removal (Long Acting Reversible Contraception (L.A.R.C)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Minor Surgery*
- Over 75’s health checks
- Travel Clinic* (Download a travel risk assessment form to complete prior to attending the clinic)
- Vaccinations and Immunisations (subject to vaccine availability)
* Services only available at Marine surgery
For further information and advice about all of our services please contact the surgery on 01202 425588.
NHS Health checks (you will receive an invitation to these clinics if you meet the criteria)
- Registered patients aged 16 – 75 who have not been seen for three years may request a consultation;
- Registered patients aged over 75 years who have not been seen in the previous 12 months may request a health check consultation with a healthcare assistant.
- (If you are unable to attend the surgery for these checks because of your medical condition a home visit may be arranged).
Immunisations and Vaccinations
A full programme is available to patients organised by the health visitors and practice nurses.
Flu vaccinations are available each autumn for patients aged 65 and over and for patients in the ‘at risk’ group, for example, asthmatics, diabetics. We will display notices in the waiting room to let you know when the clinics are due to take place.
If you have a carer or are a carer, please let us know or collect a Carer’s registration form from reception at either surgery. We may be able to offer some useful information and to also put you in touch with services and support available to Carers from Bournemouth Borough Council. Download a Carer’s Registration Form.
We offer a comprehensive service for travellers going abroad who may need to review vaccination requirement. The advice provided may be complex and will require an appointment for each traveller with our practice nurse. Some travel vaccinations do incur a charge. Please check with reception. Download the travel risk assessment form and complete before attending for your appointment.
The Health Visitors can give advice on many aspects of your family’s health. They are trained nurses who have extra qualifications in the promotion of good health. They have particular skills in the field of child health, assessment of child development, feeding, sleep and behaviour problems. Health Visitors help nursing mothers and together with the Nursery Nurse they carry out routine developmental checks for children under four years old. To contact the health visitor team direct please call 01202 425501.
Parent craft and Weight to Go courses are arranged according to demand. Information and referral for SmokeStop courses is also provided by the practice. Please contact the Health Visitors direct on 01202 425501 for further information.
The Community Midwives provide care of mothers before and after delivery and care of babies in the first 28 days of life. Midwife appointments are available by contacting the Midwifery service direct on 01202 704915. Appointments with the Midwife are held at the Southbourne Children’s Centre (Stourvale Centre).